She is best known as Tess’s angel/employee, Monica, on the long-running CBS TV series “Touched by An Angel”. This show ran from 1994 to 2003. She was awarded the TV Guide award for favorite actress and has been nominated twice for an Emmy and a Golden Globe. She was first noticed for her portrayal of Jackie Kennedy in the mini-series “A Woman Named Jackie” and recently hosted PAX TV’s signature series, “It’s a Miracle”. She is executive producer of a new animated video series “Little Angels”, which is a fun, entertaining way to engage children and to help parents teach their children Christian values. She is also a “Smile Ambassador” for the non-profit organization, Operation Smile, which provides surgeries for children around the world who were born with severe cleft lips and palates.
Despite her accomplishments, she says her belief in God and His love for all mankind has made her the person she is today and has brought her through difficult times, including the pain of losing her mother at the age of 10. She often encourages people by saying, “When a moment of decision is at hand, take the time to be quiet and to listen, because God’s voice will speak and you will know the right thing to do. So trust God and trust that you will hear it when you make time to hear it. When you hear His voice, follow it and make the right decisions for yourself and your life.” Her name is Roma Downey.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, and just as Roma Downey gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!