No one ever really dies. That statement may sound strange to you considering that we hear about death every day. Television news reports are almost a constant stream of death-related stories. You can’t look at the internet without hearing about death. Even much of our entertainment — movies, TV dramas, and books — center around death in some way.
Each week, we hear about scores of people being killed in suicide bombings in Iraq or Nigeria. We hear about people dying from floods and famine. We are shocked by random shootings that strip life from people who are going about their business with no thought that they would die that day. We are stunned by the news that someone who appeared to have it all decides to end their life by committing suicide. And then there are the deaths that hit close to home — when a friend, family member, or a uniformed military officer calls or comes by to tell us that someone we know and love has died.
When we really think about it, though, death seems strange and out of place in this world. It unnerves us that someone can be here today — full of life, vitality, and energy — and gone tomorrow. Saint Nicolai of the Serbian Orthodox Church expressed this feeling when he wrote the following: “Death is not natural; rather it is unnatural. Death is not from nature; rather it is against nature. All of nature cries out, ‘I do not know death! I do not wish death! I am afraid of death! I strive against death!’ Death is an uninvited stranger.”
As awful as death is to us, the truth is that those who die are not forever extinguished from existence. They simply pass from this life to another realm of life — a place where they still exist and are just as real, but a place where people in this world cannot see them. The Bible sheds light on this invisible — or spirit — realm.
The Bible says, “no man hath seen God at any time.” Because God is spirit, He is invisible. He is completely real, but we cannot see Him as we see each other. As 1 Timothy 1:17 says, “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, INVISIBLE, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.” The Bible also says that God has created all things — those that can be seen and those that cannot be seen. Colossians 1:16 says, “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, VISIBLE and INVISIBLE, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.”
When we die, we pass from the physical realm into the spiritual realm. We still exist, but we are no longer tied to the physical world. Our souls then travel to face God where we will give an account of all that we have done in our physical lives. The Bible says in the book of Hebrews, “It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.” Also, in the book of Romans, the Bible says, “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.”
After you die, you will be ushered into one of two places to spend eternity. What you do in this physical life will determine where you go. In this life, you have the opportunity to choose whether or not you will go to Heaven or Hell. You have the opportunity to join the company of those who are redeemed and Heaven-bound for life and eternity. How can you be sure that you are going to Heaven? You can be sure by accepting Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for you on the cross and believing in Him for Your salvation. You will not receive the gift of eternal life and a home in Heaven unless you turn your life over to Him now. You will not know for sure that you are going to Heaven after you die unless you open your heart to Christ and allow Him to live inside of you.
Do you want to make this decision today? If so, allow me to share with you how you can accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and be guaranteed a home in Heaven.
and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!