Armed with a keen business sense, a work ethic forged during the Depression, and a personal and business philosophy based on biblical principles, he took a tiny Atlanta diner, originally called the Dwarf Grill, and transformed it into Chick-fil-A, the nation’s second largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain with more than $3.5 billion in sales in 2010 and nearly 1,500 locations.
Chick-fil-A is known for promoting biblical principles and Christian values in the workplace. His tremendous business success allowed him to pursue other passions – most notably his interest in the development of young people through his many philanthropic endeavours.
He trusted Jesus Christ as his Savior many years ago, and he is a member of the First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Georgia. He has taught Sunday School there for over 50 years. He has testified that the Bible is his guide-book for life. As an extension of his convictions, all of the company’s locations are closed on Sundays — a rare policy within the food-service industry — to allow its employees to attend church and spend time with their families. This is a policy that began when he was working 6 days a week, multiple shifts. He decided to close on Sundays to relax and recharge, as well as to honor God. The policy remains intact today as the restaurants are closed on Sunday. He says his ultimate goal and the goal of Chick-fil-A is, “To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us; and, to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.” His name is Truett Cathy.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, and just as Truett Cathy gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!