Today, people all around the world are commemorating the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. From visiting the ship’s birthplace in Belfast to hosting public exhibitions to walking through the Titanic Memorial Garden, many people all around the world are finding a way to remember what happened on that tragic day 100 years ago.
The Titanic was on its maiden voyage in April of 1912. The biggest, most luxurious ship you could ever imagine was built and it was ready to grace the ocean. Not only was it luxurious, but it was by far one of the largest vessels ever made. Every safety feature known at that time was on the Titanic. It was a fast vessel and to many people, it was considered to be unsinkable. In fact, one of the ship’s designers said “Not even God could sink the Titanic.” On a quiet, peaceful April morning in 1912, the luxurious ship set out from Liverpool, England headed to New York Harbor. It carried 2,223 people including some of the wealthiest people in the world. Passengers from all around the world were on board the Titanic for its maiden voyage. They enjoyed good food, fine entertainment, and many other pleasures that the ship offered. However, nearly halfway through its maiden voyage, the ship hit an iceberg and immediately started to sink. As the crew raced to get people into lifeboats, they were only able to get 710 people off the ship. Within two and a half hours, the entire ship was under water, everybody else on board drowned. This day started out like any other day, but when the Titanic sank, it resulted in the deaths of 1,514 people. This sinking of the Titanic is considered one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in history.
Dear friend, the people on the Titanic did not know that the Titanic would sink on that day. They were simply going about their business, enjoying their family and friends and the fine pleasures that the Titanic offered. The sinking of the Titanic shows us clearly the uncertainty of life and why we all must be ready to meet Jesus Christ at anytime. Jesus tells a parable in the book of Luke of a rich man who has many possessions and he says to his soul, “Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.” Luke 12:20 states, “But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?” When the crew members of the Titanic realized they had hit an iceberg, they immediately began sending out warnings to the passengers. Those who took heed to the warnings were saved. Those who ignored the warnings were not saved. Dear friend, you may feel like your life is sinking in sin, but you can be saved if you heed the warning and the call of Christ. Right now, Jesus Christ is inviting you to believe on Him today, to respond to His call, to let Him into your heart and to allow Him to save you from sin and hell. Do you know Jesus Christ for yourself today. If not, allow me to show you how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour!
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!