In Acts 9, the Bible relates to us the conversion of Paul. Verses 1-7 reads, “And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.”
Paul, one of the greatest writers in the Bible, met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus which is located in Syria. Syria is going through a very difficult time right now and many of the people there are looking for a transformation just like Paul had.
The uprising in the Arab nation of Syria began on January 26, 2011. For over a year, this ongoing internal violent conflict has waged on where protestors are demanding that the current President Bashar al-Assad resign from power so that nearly 50 years of Ba’ath Party rule can end. Since the violence and protests started, the Syrian army has been deployed to try to stop the uprising, several cities have been besieged, and to date, nearly 16,000 people have been killed including over 500 children. Reports say that an additional 400 children have been arrested and tortured in Syrian prisons. To try to escape the ongoing violence, thousands of Syrian refugees have fled the country. The Arab League, United States, European Union, and other countries have condemned the violence and have attempted to develop a peace plan and ceasefire for the country. To date, none of that has worked the violence has not ceased. Assad is still in power and thousands of Syrians continue to long for a Saviour to deliver them.
My friend, apparently, no one on earth is choosing to stop the violence, the fear, and the anguish that is spread abroad across Syria. Apparently, no one on earth is choosing to stop the bloodshed or wipe away the tears of the mothers whose children have been killed or lost. Dear friend, the only hope for Syria and the only hope for this sin-cursed world is Jesus Christ. Syria and much of the world is in constant turmoil right now over multiple issues, and the truth of the matter is, the government is powerless, the president of the United States is powerless, and the politicians and other governmental leaders are powerless. The only hope for peace in Syria and in the world is for the Prince of Peace to come. Jesus is the Saviour of the world and He wants to save every person who wants to be saved right now. And like the Apostle Paul saw the bright light of Jesus that day on the Damascus road, you need to see the bright light of Jesus as well.
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour!
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!