This is the “chief of sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me.
A couple weeks ago, Ron Reagan, the son of former President Ronald Reagan, recorded a radio spot proclaiming his atheism. In the ad, he announces, “I’m Ron Reagan, an unabashed atheist,” and then goes on to encourage people to join the Freedom From Religion Foundation — “the nation’s largest and most effective organization of atheists and agnostics.” He closes out the ad spot with these words: “Ron Reagan, lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell.”
It is sad to hear someone speaking so glibly about Hell. Hell is a serious matter Allow me to share with you some aspects of Hell that might make you and Ron Reagan think twice about going there.
1. Hell is a place of fiery torment. The Bible says in Matthew 13:41-42 that at the end of time, “The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity [sin]; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” Revelation 20:15 also says, “Whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” Imagine that: being burned by fire forever and ever. That is what Hell is like.
2. Hell is a place of terrifying darkness. In Matthew 8:12, Jesus Christ said, “But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” In 2 Peter 2:4, Peter wrote: “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.” Hell is a place of utter darkness! In Hell, the darkness is so great and so real that you will be able to feel it. That is what Hell is like.
3. Hell is a place of ceaseless haunting memory. In a true story which Jesus told about a man who died and went to Hell, he expressed the fact that the man could still remember his life on earth even while he was in Hell. In fact, while he was in Hell, Abraham said to this man, “Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.” While he was in Hell, this man was able to remember all the wrong things he had done, the lifestyle he had led, and the many opportunities he had squandered to avoid ending up in that awful place. His life played over and over again like a broken record in his mind — all of his guilt and regrets in a never-ending sequence. That is what Hell is like.
4. Hell is a place of separation from God. According to First Thessalonians 1:9, those who go to Hell “shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.” Whether you are a deist, an atheist, or an agnostic — whether you believe in God or not — one thing is certain: you will be separated from Him if you end up in Hell.
5. Hell is a place of no return. Once a person enters the gates of Hell, there will be no return. In the story which Jesus Christ told about the man who went to Hell, Abraham told this man, “between us (those in Paradise) and you (those in Hell) there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from hence.” In Hell, there is no second chance. There is no more hope. No more grace. No more mercy. No more gospel. No more preachers. And yes, no more God. Once a person, is in Hell, he will be locked in forever. That is the kind of place Hell is like, my friend. I assure you, you do not want to go there.
Ron Reagan is sorely mistaken. No matter what he says now, he will be truly sorry if he ends up in Hell.
Dear friend, when I was a young man, I said foolish things like Ron Reagan said a few weeks ago. I told all of my friends that I would “drive the bus to Hell.” But, by the grace of God, a young man came to my dorm room on Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi, and he showed me how to avoid going to that awful place. Thank God, I came to my senses that night and made the decision to not go to Hell by receiving Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Allow me to share with you how you can make that decision right now. I am certain that you do not want to end up in that awful place called Hell.
First, acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you are unable to save yourself. Romans 3:23 states: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”ur sinfulness is what causes us to be separated from God and makes us deserving of His judgment in Hell.
Second, realize that because of your sins and lost condition, there is a terrible penalty to pay, and that is eternal separation from God in Hell as we have talked about already. Revelation 21:8 says, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Third, you need to recognize that God loves you more than you love yourself. He loves you so much that He paid the supreme sacrifice to save you from that place by sending His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ to die for you. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
All you have to do to have everlasting life and not go to Hell is simply believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and was raised again by the Power of God. Then call on His name to save you. And He will.
Romans 10:9, 13 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”.
If you are willing to repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation so that you can be saved from this awful place called Hell, please pray with me the following prayer:
Holy Father God, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. I am sorry for my sins, and I want to turn from my sins. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. I want to trust Jesus as my Savior and follow Him as Lord from this day forward. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you just trusted Jesus Christ as your Saviour, and you prayed that prayer and meant it from your heart, I declare to you that based upon the Word of God, you are now saved and you are on your way to Heaven. Welcome to the family of God! I want to congratulate you on doing the most important thing in life and that is receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Believe by faith. Share the faith. And keep the faith! God Bless You!