He played quarterback for three NFL teams: the St. Louis Rams, the New York Giants, and the Arizona Cardinals. Originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent after playing college football in 1994, he would go on to be considered one of the best undrafted players of all time, with a 12-year career regarded as one of the greatest stories in NFL history. He won two NFL MVP awards in 1999 and 2001 with the St. Louis Rams as well as the Super Bowl MVP award in Super Bowl 34. He led the 2008 Arizona Cardinals to Super Bowl 43 and owns the three highest single-game passing yardage totals in Super Bowl history. He currently holds the seventh-highest career passer rating of all-time and the third-highest career completion percentage in NFL history. He retired from the NFL in 2010 and is now an analyst with the NFL Network.
Growing up in a Catholic household, faith in God was not something he took seriously. He said, “Faith wasn’t the reason I lived my life. God wasn’t the focus of everything I did. He was just kind of a part of it. I went to Mass and felt like it was more of a thing I was supposed to do more than necessarily wanting to do it or wanting to have that strong relationship…but I really didn’t know the extent that I needed to give my life to Him like I do now.” After a tornado touched down in Arkansas in 1996 killing both of his wife’s parents, he realized that he needed a change. He says of that experience, “That situation showed me that you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. You have to live life for today and for this moment. It was at that point that I realized the Lord needed to be at the center of my life. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow or next year. It needed to be right now.” He continues, “Thanking God is a constant thing in my life. It is not just for something specific He did on the football field to help us win; it is for everything that He has done in my life up to that point and for everything He will continue to do in my life from here until eternity.” His name is Kurt Warner.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, and just as Kurt Warner gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour!
Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith! God Bless You!