She is an actress, television presenter, talk show host, dancer, singer, and songwriter. In 2004, she made her acting debut in the film “Barbershop 2: Back in Business.” She also starred in the movies: “Akeelah and the Bee” and “Madea’s Family Reunion” in 2006; “The Longshots” in 2008; and “Shrink” in 2009. In 2012, she returned to acting, starring in four films: “Joyful Noise”, “Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom”, “Ice Age: Continental Drift”, and “Virgin Mary”.
Alongside acting in movies, she has had numerous television roles including: “True Jackson, VP”, Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne” and “Just Jordan.” In 2007, she released her debut album “So Uncool”. In 2012, she released a self-titled mixtape which received over 35,000 downloads. In 2013, she portrayed Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas in the TLC VH1-biopic “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story.” She has also won the “NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children’s Series or Special” six times. In 2010, she won the BET YoungStars Award.
In 2014, she made history as the youngest talk show host ever, at 20 years old. She is the host of the daytime talk show on BET, “Just Keke.” In September 2014, she will be the first African-American to portray Cinderella on Broadway.
She grew up in a Christian home near Chicago and sang in her church’s choir. During that time, she developed a relationship with God apart from her parents. In an interview with The Christian Post, she said, “I think that’s the whole point to Christianity… you have to live your life in order to understand God. It’s not about walking around trying to be perfect or going by a rule book. That’s how unbelievable the level of God’s love is for us. It’s that he’s willing to allow us to go our whole life in darkness because in the end we turn back to Him anyway.”
In an interview with EEW Magazine, she said: “My father’s a Deacon, my mother’s a choir director, so I grew up in the church, singing in the choir, and begging my mom if I could have a solo. That’s all very close to home for me… Real faith is when you believe in something that you can’t see. When things are going really bad and you can still get up and say I believe that they’re gonna get better, that there’s a higher lesson to what I’m going through. It can be hard sometimes, and to turn it around like that, that’s true faith.”
In an interview with Madame Noire, she answered the question of how she stays grounded in the entertainment industry. She said, “I stay close to my family, friends and God. I always make sure I am prayed up. My focus is not on the materialistic things around me. I never wanted to get caught up in the Hollywood stuff because that is not what matters. What matters is my purpose and spreading God’s love around the world.”
Her name is Keke Palmer.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Keke Palmer gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!