He is an actor who is best known for his television roles as Bright Abbott in “Everwood” and Andy Dwyer in “Parks and Recreation”. He played supporting roles in films such as “Wanted”, “Moneyball”, “Zero Dark Thirty”, and “Delivery Man” among others. He was the lead actor in the blockbuster films “The Lego Movie” and “Guardians of the Galaxy”. He replaced Josh Brolin as the lead in the film, “Jurassic World”.
In an interview with Esquire magazine, he shared his “born again” story. He said,
“In Maui, about four weeks before I was discovered to go to California, I was hanging with my buddy. I wasn’t quite old enough to drink, so we got somebody to go in and buy us some alcohol.
This guy came by and was like, ‘What are you doing tonight?’ I was like, ‘Oh, I dunno. I was just gonna wait out here, my friends are gonna buy me a bottle of Carlo Rossi and a sixer of Milwaukee’s Best Ice.
So he’s like, ‘Will you fornicate tonight?’ I was like, ‘I hope so.’
‘And drugs and drinking?’ It’s like, ‘Most likely, yeah. Probably all three of those things. I mean, at least two of them, possibly all three.’
The guy was like, ‘I stopped because Jesus told me to stop and talk to you. He said to tell you you’re destined for great things.’
My friends came out, and I was like, ‘Hey, I’m gonna go with this guy.’
“I gave my soul to Jesus within, like, two days. I was stuffing envelopes for his organization, Jews for Jesus. I’m not even sure, at that age—I was nineteen years old—I knew what Jewish was.”
“A few days later, sober and filled with Christian Jews for Jesus vigor, I returned to the beach. I ran into a friend, a pastor’s daughter who was smoking meth and whoring around, and told her what I’d been up to. She asked me to get her to church. I called my new sponsor on a pay phone, and she became a Youth with a Mission pastor.”
“I feel a little bit like my entire purpose was to get her.”
“I see how if a different man had approached me, things could have gone badly. But it was this man who was sent by God to save me from jug wine, and then saved that woman from drug addiction.”
“A month later, while I was waiting tables at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., a director told me I was special and I moved to California to star in the 2000 horror comedy Cursed Part III.
“Now, I have my eyes on the prize. The big picture is my wife and my son and I living somewhere other than L.A., just being able to be a Boy Scout leader, drink beer on Saturday, go to church on Sunday, having fun. I could coach him in football. That’s the goal, and I need to do as many big movies as I can while there’s still time. Because you never know what’s next.”
When his son was born prematurely, he and his wife relied on God to heal baby Jack. He said, We were scared for a long time. We prayed a lot. It restored my faith in God, not that it needed to be restored, but it really redefined it. The baby was so beautiful to us, and I look back at the photos of him, and it must have been jarring for other people to come in and see him, but to us he was so beautiful and perfect.”
His top 5 verses for social media are: Psalm 34:18, Proverbs 22:6, Psalm 126:3, 1 John 2:10-11, and Psalm 107:19-21.
His name is Chris Pratt.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Chris Pratt gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!