She played college volleyball at UCLA, starting for three seasons and serving as captain for two seasons. While at UCLA, she earned All-American honors. In 1996, she started her pro beach volleyball career and competed for two seasons on the four-person circuit. She helped her team to win the title in the 1997 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Los Angeles. In 1999, she won the silver medal at the 1999 Beach Volleyball World Championships in Marseille (Mar-sa). She also partnered with Annett Davis on two-person events and the pair qualified for the 2000 Olympics in Sydney and placed fifth at the games. Throughout her athletic career, she has finished first 10 times in the U.S. and 2 times internationally, including 7 times on the AVP tour. In 2002, she was honored with the AVP Special Achievement Award. In 2004, she and Davis became the U.S. team with most career tournaments played together. Together with her husband, they work with Athletes in Action’s pro ministry.
In a testimony for BeyondtheUltimate.org, she said of her faith, “Everyone has something they are passionate about and for me it has always been sports. I can remember even at a very young age loving to compete, and when I was introduced to the game of volleyball in 7th grade I was hooked. Yet as great as this passion was, I became even more passionate about something else during my sophomore year in college.”
“During that time I developed a passion for knowing who God really is. I used to think that God was a God of ‘do’s and don’ts,’ but I learned that He is a God of love and that He loves me unconditionally. He loves me so much that He sent His son Jesus Christ to this earth so that I could have a relationship with Him. By committing my life to Christ, I know that I have been forgiven of my sins, have entered into a personal relationship with Him, and will spend eternity with God.”
“My passion for sports has provided many great experiences. I have been privileged to compete for three national titles in college, professionally on the beach and represent the United States in the Olympic Games. It has also taught me many valuable life lessons about integrity, hard work and perseverance. But my athletic experiences and lessons learned pale in comparison to my greatest passion, living a life committed to the person of Jesus Christ.”
Her name is Jenny Johnson Jordan.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Jenny Johnson Jordan gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to GospelLightSociety.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!