She is an actress best known for her TV roles including her portrayal of Maxie Jones on the ABC soap opera “General Hospital” from 2011 to 2012. In 2013, she joined the cast of “Days of Our Lives” as Theresa Donovan, and starred in “The Book of Esther” portraying the biblical character. Her other film and television credits include “Revelation Road,” “Crossing Streets,” “Criminal Minds,” and “iCarly” among others.
In an interview with the Christian Post, she spoke about leaving “General Hospital” and how her faith in God guides her to make the right decisions. About leaving General Hospital, she said, “It was definitely a really scary and challenging experience…[However] At the end of the day we know that our battle is not against flesh and blood. You have to hold your head high and have grace…. I’m actually really excited to be off of ‘General Hospital’ because I know God orders my steps, and this only means He has a new adventure for me. I pursue God on a daily basis, I’m not stepping into oblivion.
On turning down a role in a major motion picture, she said, “I remember reading the script and being like, ‘I can’t do this as a Christian for a lot of reasons. One being that it is a horror movie. I like psychological thrillers but when it’s demonic, there’s no uplifting message. The first person (in the script) to die was a child. I’m a huge advocate of children’s rights. They kept saying God is dead, God doesn’t exist. I would rather not be an actor and be in God’s will.”
As a child, she witnessed her mother pray for Jesus to heal her brother from a debilitating disease while he was still in her womb. Though he was delivered still-born and had stopped breathing for a few minutes, she maintains that her mother’s prayers and laying hands on him brought him back to life. She said, “Regardless of whether I can prove it, I can’t deny the power of Jesus Christ. I can’t deny he raised my brother from the dead. I can’t deny when you say things in the name of Jesus, things happen.”
Her name is Jen Lilley.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Jen Lilley gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!