She is an American beach volleyball player. She played collegiate volleyball at UCLA where she was a four-year starter. She earned All-League and All-American honors and was the PAC-10’s 1994 Player of the Year. At the 1999 Beach Volleyball World Championships, she who won the silver medal. That same year, she and her partner, Jenny Johnson Jordan, were the winningest USA men’s or women’s pro beach volleyball team. She was also named “Queen of the beach” in the Honolulu AVP tournament. She ranked in the top 10 in hitting percentage on the AVP Tour four times, and along with her partner, won their first six career titles over a 14-month span on four different tours.
She said of her faith, “When I was 11 years old, I was visiting my cousins and went with them to a youth event at a church. At that event, I realized that I was missing out on something. In my upbringing I had never heard about having a personal relationship with Jesus. My cousins seemed to know Jesus, and actually love Him. Sure, I knew Scripture and the stories of the Bible, but I didn’t have a relationship with the God of the Bible, or with His Son. That night my journey of friendship (with God), of being a slave to Christ began. It’s been a wonderful ride. As a result of knowing Christ I believe I’m more confident in Him, which helps me appear strong in the world. I have hope for my future, because I know I will ultimately be in heaven.”
She went on to say, “My faith helps me to keep things in perspective. I live my life by three rules: My life with God first, my family life second, and anything else I do (including my sport) a distant third. My sport is not my life, but it is a great part of it. I believe that God has blessed me with talents that not everyone has so that I can use those talents to help further His kingdom. All I do is for His glory. I hope this comes across every time I step on the court, and when I speak to the media, my peers and fans.”
Her name is Annett Davis.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Annett Davis gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!